Friday, June 20, 2008

Summer Log 1

All right, so I've burned around 2-3 weeks of my "summer vacation". As usual my summer's consist of 100% more computer time, sitting here in my house with little contact to the outside world...you know, besides the internet. X-D

Actually, I don't mind it, and prefer it that way sometimes, but geez. You start to realize that despite the fact you are from Florida (you know, the hot and humid state, where temperatures are usually above 80's, 90's in summer, and humidity makes it feel like the 100's) when you are indoors those large numbers are easily maintained at a more comfortable level by a little something called a Centralized Air Unit. Which, practically doesn't exist here. :P

Each room in the house has 1 AC unit, which we only use at night because electricity here is ridiculously expensive compared to the States. We probably pay more using these 3 units at night then maintaining our old (and large) house back at Tamarac at a nice 77 degrees 24/7. I feel more sorry/worried about my computer than my actual comfort, because this type of ambient is what can kill it easily. :( Good thing the case has large fans, but I've had to keep the case side open since it seems every time I close it up, I start getting some funky errors with the hard drives.

Anyway, besides burning up in my chair, I've also started up another chapter of my webcomic, Just Deserts. I've also been reading a lot of Manga online, currently having finished the latest of Eyeshield 21 and School Rumble (both of which are a bit more than 270 chapters long, around 4-8 pages a chapter).

It has also finally pushed me to point of learning Japanese, reading these mangas. So I've started practicing the writing first, memorizing the supposed 46 main symbols of Hiragana. So far I got my vowels done, and the ka, ke, ki, ko, ku syllables as well. There is no real alphabet, it's a syllabic alphabet, and then there's the Kanji symbols, which are full words or phrases. There are thousands of those, so they will be last on the list. :P Though you don't have to memorize all of it to read manga and stuff. Anyway, Ghostbusters is on TV, so I'll write down everything else I was thinking about later. X-D

No comments: